Vol.55, No.4, 2021, pp.329-341, doi:10.32604/sv.2021.016662
OPEN ACCESS
ARTICLE
Prioritizing and Providing Sound Pollution Control Strategies at the CPF of North Azadegan Oilfield Project
  • Ali Askari1, Ali Salehi Sahl Abadi2,*, Alimardan Alinia3, Milad Pourjaafar4, Aref Honairi Haghighi5, Elham Akhlaghi Pirposhteh6
1 Department of Occupational Health, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
2 Department of Occupational Health and Safety Engineering, School of Public Health and Safety, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
3 Department of Occupational Health and Safety Engineering, School of Public Health and Safety, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
4 Abadan Institute of Technology, Khuzestan, Iran
5 Department of Management and Social Services, University of Applied Science and Technology, Ahwaz, Iran
6 Department of Occupational Health and Safety at Work Engineering, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
* Corresponding Author: Ali Salehi Sahl Abadi. Email:
Received 14 April 2021; Accepted 13 July 2021; Issue published 18 October 2021
Abstract
Among the harmful occupational factors, noise is the most common exposure in the oil industrial workplaces. The present study aimed to prioritize sound pollution areas in central processing facilities (CPF) of an oil field in order to provide corrective action in the studied industry and similar industries. After reviewing the issued permit to work, job description and noise dosimetry test, the evaluated areas were selected then sound pressure levels in the referenced areas investigated according to ISO 9612–2009 (E) next the noise map prepared for all selected areas. For identifying the prioritized areas to implement the control measures NCPI was used. After identifying the first priority area with sound pressure levels greater than 85 dB, the frequency analysis was performed and Isosonic map was prepared by Surfer v10 and AutoCAD 2014. In the last step, in order to provide appropriate corrective action plan, the compatibility of the determined control actions with the production process was examined. The findings of this study indicates that 74% of the aforesaid area has the first priority to perform control measures in the caution zone and the remaining 26% is in the danger zone. In this study it has been demonstrated that implementing control measures for Zone 2 have first priority. The main source of the noise in this zone is fluid (Gas) flow through the piping and HP Gas Compressors. The results of this study shows that using effective factors such as exposure time, sound pressure level and number of exposed persons, can be present suitable model to prioritize noise control.
Keywords
Oil industry; NCPI; noise pollution; noise control; harmful factors
Cite This Article
Askari, A., Salehi, A., Alinia, A., Pourjaafar, M., Haghighi, A. H. et al. (2021). Prioritizing and Providing Sound Pollution Control Strategies at the CPF of North Azadegan Oilfield Project. Sound & Vibration, 55(4), 329–341.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License , which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.