Vol.26, No.4, 2020, pp.817-830, doi:10.32604/iasc.2020.010116
OPEN ACCESS
ARTICLE
Detection of the Spectrum Hole from N-number of Primary Users Using the Gencluster Algorithm
  • U. Venkateshkumar1,*, S. Ramakrishnan2
1 Department of ECE, Sri Krishna College of Technology,Coimbatore,641042,INDIA.
2 Department of IT, Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology,Pollachi,642003,INDIA.
* Corresponding Author: U. Venkateshkumar, venky.2019@outlook.com
Abstract
A hybrid form of the genetic algorithm and the modified K-Means cluster algorithm forms as a Gencluster to detect a spectrum hole among n-number of primary users (PUs) is present in the cooperative spectrum sensing model. The fusion center (FC), applies the genetic algorithm to identify the best chromosome, which contains many PUs cluster centers and by applying the modified K-Means cluster algorithm identifies the cluster with the PU vacant spectrum showing high accuracy, and maximum probability of detection with minimum false alarm rates are achieved. The graphical representation of the performance metric of the system model shows 95% accuracy with 98.63% detection probability and 1.36% false alarm probability.
Keywords
Clustering, cooperative spectrum sensing, fusion center, genetic algorithm, signal to noise ratio.
Cite This Article
U. Venkateshkumar and S. Ramakrishnan, "Detection of the spectrum hole from n-number of primary users using the gencluster algorithm," Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing, vol. 26, no.4, pp. 817–830, 2020.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License , which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.